FHA Mortgage Loan Programs
Backed by the Federal Housing Administration, designed for low-to-moderate income borrowers and offer a lower down payment option.
FHA Mortgage Loan Highlights
- Low down payment: FHA loans have a low down payment requirement of just 3.5%, making it easier for borrowers to become homeowners.
- Credit score: FHA loans have a lower credit score requirement compared to conventional loans, usually around 580, with some lenders accepting scores as low as 500.
- Loan limits: FHA loan limits vary based on the location and type of property, but are generally lower compared to conventional loans.
- Mortgage insurance: Borrowers are required to pay mortgage insurance premiums (MIP) for the life of the loan, which protects the lender in case of default.
- Fixed or adjustable rate options: FHA loans offer both fixed and adjustable rate options, allowing borrowers to choose the best option for their financial situation and goals.
- Loan terms: FHA loans are available with 15- or 30-year terms, although other options may be available.
- Streamlined underwriting: FHA loans have a streamlined underwriting process, which allows for quicker and easier approval compared to conventional loans.
The Federal Housing Administration (FHA) insures all FHA loans that are issued by FHA approved lenders, which enables borrowers to qualify with lower credit scores and a lower down payment amount. FHA loans are designed to assist low to moderate income borrowers and increase home ownership across the US.
Many first time homebuyers choose FHA because of the low up front costs, borrowers can put as low as 3.5% down on a new home, financing 96.5% of the home value.
Apply via the form below to shop your loan to over 100 FHA Approved Lenders & get the best rates possible!
FHA Loan Program Terms:
- Up to 96.5% LTV Purchase
- Up to 100% LTV Refinance
- 500 Min FICO
- 15 or 30 Year Fixed
- Upfront and Annual Mortgage Insurance Required
- 1-4 Units, Condos, Manufactured Homes Eligible
- Up to 100% LTV with Down Payment Assistance